Fun and simply silly ways you could spend that $1,200 in Las Vegas
For most Americans, the government’s $1,200 stimulus check can’t come soon enough. As the first of the month has come and many bills are due, including the rent or the mortgage, the money surely won’t stay in bank accounts long. While you’re struggling to make ends meet, coupled with the worries of what you’ll do next month or even next week—take some time to relax, take a deep breath and let your imagination run wild. For example, what would you do with $1,200 in Vegas if you didn’t have all these worries? We’ve compiled a few completely unrealistic ways to help you do just that. Take a mental vacation—it’s on us!
1. Ride The High Roller at The Linq Promenade 26 times during its Happy Half Hour, which includes an open bar.
2. Dine at Nobu at Caesars Palace and order 34 dishes of its popular yellowtail sashimi with jalapeno.
3. Visit Siegfried and Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at The Mirage and enjoy eight sessions of painting with the dolphins.
4. They say watching fish swim has a calming effect, so visit the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay 48 times.
5. Jump off the top of the tower nine times and soar 829 feet towards the ground with SkyJump at The STRAT.
6. Head over to Exotics Racing at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and do 10 laps in a Lamborghini Aventador or 15 laps in a Corvette ZR1.
7. Enjoy four anti-aging facials at Canyon Ranch Spa at The Venetian and The Palazzo.
8. Take about a 15-minute nighttime ride over the Las Vegas Strip 11 times with Maverick Helicopters.
9. Dine at Hell’s Kitchen at Caesars Palace and order 20 dishes of chef Ramsay’s famous beef Wellington or 85 servings of his famous sticky toffee pudding.
10. Love dessert? Order 133 of the chef’s famous lobster tail pastries at Buddy V’s Ristorante at The Venetian.
11. Dig into 75 world-famous fried bologna sandwiches at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill at Harrah’s.
12. Enjoy each one of these steaks: prime rib of beef bone-in cut at The Steakhouse at Circus Circus; Snake River Farms 9-ounce American wagyu tenderloin at Smith & Wollensky at The Venetian; 32-ounce tomahawk at Andiamo Steakhouse at The D; 4-ounce Japanese A5 striploin at Old Homestead Steakhouse at Caesars Palace; 8-ounce wagyu beef rib cap at Vic & Anthony’s at Golden Nugget; 19-ounce bone-in New York strip at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse at Harrah’s; 14-ounce roasted bone-in filet at Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak at MGM Grand; 12-ounce wagyu New York cut at Edge Steakhouse at Westgate Las Vegas; 20-ounce chateaubriand at Delmonico Steakhouse at The Venetian; 6-ounce A5 certified Kobe beef at Prime at Bellagio.
13. Purchase 92 one-day passes for the Las Vegas Monorail.
14. Indulge in four aromatherapy massages at Qua Baths & Spa at Caesars Palace.
15. Order 66 48-ounce Monster Yard frozen daiquiris at Fat Tuesday.
16. Order one 1-ounce pour of Macallan 1976 29 Year Old Fine & Rare scotch whisky at Scotch 80 Prime at Palms.
17. Drink 75 Mama’s margaritas, the popular specialty cocktail at Mama Rabbit at Park MGM.
18. Visit Oscar’s Steakhouse at the Plaza and order 85 Hizzoner martinis, a cocktail inspired by former mayor Oscar Goodman and his classic Bombay Sapphire martini.
19. Get 13 signature manicures or eight signature pedicures at the Nail Bar at Four Seasons.
20. Laugh it up 23 times at Carrot Top’s show at Luxor, or 12 times with George Wallace at Westgate Las Vegas or 13 times at Tape Face’s show at Flamingo.
21. Sing along with Human Nature at The Venetian 21 times or Boyz II Men at The Mirage 17 times.
22. The mystical magical number of 13 is how many times you can see Criss Angel MINDFREAK at Planet Hollywood Resort or David Copperfield at MGM Grand.
23. See every Cirque du Soleil show twice: The Beatles LOVE at The Mirage, KA at MGM Grand, Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay, Mystere at Treasure Island, “O” at Bellagio and Zumanity at New York-New York.
24. Get 24 wash and blowouts at Drybar at Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resorts.
25. On the weekend, book one Mandalay Bay Beach Bungalow that fits up to 10 guests.
26. Fly super-hero style 11 stories up and across five city blocks 24 times at SlotZilla, the zipline attraction at the Fremont Street Experience.
27. Eat 311 classic Coney Island hot dogs at American Coney Island Chili Dogs at The D hotel.
28. Order 400 $3 margaritas at OYO Hotel & Casino.
29. Bring 48 of your girlfriends or 30 of your guy friends to Omnia nightclub at Caesars Palace.
30. Enjoy 2,400 beers at Bird Bar at Flamingo, where its daily happy hour from 5-6 p.m. offers deals like 50-cent beers.
31. Ride the Big Apple Coaster at New York-New York 70 times.
32. Play 240 hands of $5 black jack anywhere.
33. At Sugar Factory at Fashion Show, indulge in 12 King Kong Sundaes that comes with 24 scoops of ice cream, a glazed donut, a red velvet cupcake, candy necklaces, sparklers and more.
34. Get married six times with a drive-thru wedding ceremony.
35. Sit in a stretch limo and take a one-hour ride down the Las Vegas Strip 15 times.
36. Hang Ten 48 times when you attempt to stand up on your board on the FlowRider attraction at Planet Hollywood Resort.
37. Order 63 supreme pizzas at Slice of Vegas at The Shoppes at Mandalay Place.
38. Take a private gondola ride for two 10 times at The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian and The Palazzo.
39. Get your chin waxed 48 times at The Spa at The Linq.
40. Fill your belly 18 times at the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace.
41. You and 49 of your friends can go and chill inside freezing temps while drinking cocktails out of ice glasses at Icebar at The Linq Promenade.
42. Check out views of the Hoover Dam, the Colorado River and more when you jump out of a plane and skydive six times.
43. Book 12 daybeds at Temptation Sundays pool party at Luxor.
44. Bring 12 of your friends to Blackout Dining in the Dark, where you dine in complete darkness while enjoying a seven-course, prix-fixe mystery menu.
45. Order 648 oysters on the half shell at The Oyster Bar at Palace Station.
46. Play 100 rounds of putt-putt at Twilight Zone by Monster Mini Golf at Bally’s.
47. Dig into 54 of the famous, oversized meatballs at Martarano’s at Paris.
48. Try and solve one of three crime scenes 38 times at CSI: The Experience at MGM Grand.
49. Get titillated when you see adult revues “X” Burlesque at Flamingo, “X” Country at Harrah’s and “X” Rocks at Bally’s five times.
50. You and eight friends can each ride your own ATV for an hour at the Vegas Dunes with SunBuggy Fun Rentals.
51. Sip on 21 glasses of Dom Perignon Brut champagne at Rosina Cocktail Lounge at The Palazzo.
52. Play 13 rounds of golf at Bali Hai Golf Club on the Las Vegas Strip.
Click here to subscribe today for free to Las Vegas Magazine's digital edition. Shortly after you sign up for your subscription, you will receive the "Lost Issue" of Las Vegas Magazine, published right before the shutdown.